Sunday, October 19, 2008

Angola Week 7

The Celts. Again? Already? They’re always a royal pain in my tokus. We enter this game against my nemesis bruised, battered, and scarred; and well remembering the thrashing we took a few weeks ago. This week, dealing with byes and the injury bug, I feel a need to seek divine assistance. So please, bow your heads and pray with me:

Purple Jesus, who art on the field
Adrian be thy Name
Thy line opens lanes
Thy yards be gained
On turf as it is on grass
Give us this our weekly TD’s
And forgive us our dropped passes
As we cheer those who drop passes against us.
And lead us not into turnovers
But deliver us a championship
[For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.]


Now here's this weeks lineup:

QB: Aaron "Not as hurt nor as old as the other QB's" Rodgers
RB: Adrian "Purple Jesus" Peterson
RB: Jamal "I can has touchdown?" Lewis
WR: Lee "Harvey" Evans
WR: Marvin "Old Man" Harrison
WR: Devin "This week I go deep" Hester
TE: Kellen "Junior" Winslow
PK: Nick "He's Good" Folk
DEF: San Diego "It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils." Defense

No comments: